Universal Studios and Island of Adventure theme parks are fun and filled with many memories to be made. You get to pretend you’re flying with Harry Potter, slaying mummies or bouncing around with little minions. This past weekend my family and I got to enjoy two incredibly wonderful days at the Universal parks in Orlando. During these days I took notes on what I really needed in the parks.
I went with three boys and they all require different types of attention. Universal allows you to bring in food and drinks from outside, but there are exceptions. You cannot bring alcoholic beverages or food that requires reheating. Guns and weapons of any kind are an obvious no as well. You are allowed to bring in a soft cooler, but no hard plastic ones.
- Mini Water Bottles (We prefer the Costco brand.)
- String Cheese
- Turkey Pepperoni
Traveling with kids is traveling with three surprise boxes. You never ever know when someone is going to get hurt and need some sort of first aid item. In my backpack we had quite a few items.
First Aid/Survival Items
- Band-Aids & Neosporin
- Anti-Itch Cream (for mosquito and other bug bites.)
- Sunscreen (Face & Body)
- 1 Face Towel per person (For sweating and water rides.)
- Extra shirt/shorts/socks per person. (I rolled them into the bag and we were dry after the water rides.)
- Sandals (I only packed these for two of the kids because they asked me for them.)
- Portable Charger
- iPhone charger cables with cubes for the wall (The Jimmy Fallon ride has plugs that you have access to.)
- Hair brush
- Lanyards (For park passes)
We rented a double stroller each day and it helped a lot with carrying the bags and cooler around.
Enjoy your next theme park trip!