A couple weeks ago my better half and I enjoyed our first cruise together as we celebrated our 2nd anniversary. I wanted to share a few photos and what I thought about the Norwegian Sky cruise ship.
The itinerary was Miami, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay, and back to Miami. The first day we enjoyed Nassau and all its little shops. Something that really stood out to my boyfriend and I was that they make FRESH Conch Salad at Senor Frogs. Now, when I say fresh I mean they make it right there next to your table. Oh my was this delicious. Their margaritas aren’t bad either. In fact, they’re really good.
That night was the “White Hot” party which requires that you wear white. So few people actually participated in this, which actually made me sad because my boyfriend and I went all out in our white outfits.
Great Stirrup Cay was not what I expected at all. It was incredibly disappointing. I’ve been to Coco Cay by Royal Caribbean, which is right next to Great Stirrup, and we were pretty tempted to swim over. The island is a bit boring and rather plain for a company like Norwegian Cruise Line. The food was not the best, either. I just appreciated the view.
You have to admit that these Bahamian shades of blue are unlike anything else in the world. That night we dressed up super fancy and again were one of the few.
A few things I really liked about the ship were:
- People were so incredibly nice all around. From the staff to the passengers. Such pleasant human beings.
- The active work on protecting folks from disease through the encouragement of hand washing and providing hand sanitizer (note: did not appreciate that some staff members sprayed it all over my clothes.)
- The photographers do some incredible work.
- Freestyle Cruisin’ and Dinin’.
- ALL YOU CAN DRINK.
The ship/company definitely needs to improve on:
- The food. I’ve been on multiple cruises before. Some more high-end than the others and the food has never been an issue. This ship lacks variety and taste.
- Great Stirrup Cay. The whole thing.
- Wi-Fi service. We paid for it and while it worked on my boyfriend’s phone, it didn’t want to work on mine.
Before I end this post — because we live in a world that assumes before they investigate — this post is not sponsored and we paid for this lovely vacation with our own hard earned money.
I do, however, want to thank Norwegian Cruise Line for the wonderful cruising experience and for taking care of us during our anniversary.